Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Thanks for Another Month of Gloom - An Intermezzo

Those Australians are quick off the mark. No sooner had I called on the US Government yesterday to ban all incandescent light bulbs if they really wanted to cut down on waste energy, than I see the Aussie's reacting to my clarion call of ecological reasoning within a single day.

Today (actually it was yesterday in Oz, but today here) their environment minister announced a ban on the egregiously over-consuming tungsten-filamented light bulb.

Since this was obviously a result of yesterday's post, I now consider my carbon footprint shrunk by some 4 million metric tonnes. Starting tonight, I will start selling off my greenhouse gas credits à la Kyoto to those unwilling to change their ways. A bottle of Laphroaig per tonne is the going rate.

Reasonable, I think.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Ha, I am putting an incandescent search light out in front of my house and keeping it on even during the day. The US didn't sign Kyoto.

Now you'll have to pardon me while I go burn that stack of old tires in my backyard and dump the used motor oil in my neighbor's garden.

BTW how's that whale skin car cover I ordered coming??

10:05 PM  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Perfectly reasonable.

Except for one thing - IF THEY BAN LIGHT BULBS WHAT THE HECK DO I USE IN ALMOST EVERY LIGHT FIXTURE IN MY HOUSE????

10:45 PM  
Blogger nanuk said...

Phos: Are you positive your mutts won't eat the car cover? Considering their genes and all.

WoD: er . . . why not try screw in fluorescents? Weird looking, but if you have a shade for your lamps noone will know the difference.

8:42 AM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

How many bottles of Laphroaig for a pile of burning tires??

10:40 PM  
Blogger nanuk said...

You'd owe me a case of keg-strength whiskey at minimum, and a husky if they are truck tires.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Fuff said...

Where'd my comment go???

9:08 AM  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Oh. Okay.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home