Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sonnet for Mrs. Nanuk

On the occasion of his wife's departure.
You hopped the plane early last Sunday morn
And left me sadly alone to face this day.
No choc'lates and roses and bearded seal fillet
Just empty bottles, barren thoughts and heart forelorn.

I curse your ear! - the one whose otic affliction
Has caused your removal from our blissful concord
And flung you south to a remote hospital ward
Where my ardent kisses are but a cruel fiction.

That portal through which my words of love once sped
Has failed. Whether t'was anvil or tympanic membrane
That did conspire and leave us parted in pain
It matters little now you have southward fled.

So this sonnet I've written to plant the idea
That I'll love you forever, right down to your cochlea.
I miss you this Valentine's Day. Come home soon, my dear.

Your Nanuk

7 Comments:

Blogger Fuff said...

Cor! You are quite a Romeo beneath the White Bear ruffiness, hmm?

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not know that you were a good poet. Why dont you share your ideas and comments at pirnoma boards? Your account is open and you can just have fun and waste your time with us.

Thomassie

Happy V-Day Nanuk

1:18 AM  
Blogger DutchBitch said...

Aawwww... Mrs Nanuk is a lucky woman... I am sure she'll be rushing home a.s.a.p.

6:31 AM  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Aaaawwww!

*wipes away a tear*

5:49 PM  
Blogger nanuk said...

Hey guys, I was trying to be humourous and taking an over-the-top approach to the subject of love poetry. But as with many of my attempts to be funny, it often gets mistaken for serious commentary.

BTW - Mrs. Nanuk doesn't need an operation after all, and returned home yesterday.

/note to self: do a post on humour

//Anonymous - yes I'll visit your site more often. Keep up the good work

1:16 PM  
Blogger merlinprincesse said...

AWWWWWW!!! (hhehehehe) You are a poet! *snif*

11:01 AM  
Blogger merlinprincesse said...

Right down to your cochlea?

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home