Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Tobacco Brown Shirts

Okay. I admit smoking is bad for me and I really should give it up for real some day soon. And, honestly, I don't mind too much going outside the bar for a smoke - rather than a three-quarter pack on the average drinking night I only smoke three or four.

Okay. But what makes me want to stage a smoke-in, with Gitanes or Gauloises, is the holier-than-thou attitude of some people. I mean, here I am in a hotel, in my own room, in my own designated-smoking room, with my door closed, and the twat in the room next door sticks her head in and says my smoking is bothering her.

Okay. So being conscientious I open my window - it's -24C with a windchill of -39 - put on my parka and continue to hammer away at my keyboard. So I go out for a cup of coffee, meet up with her in the kitchen, and she has the fucking nerve to tell me she still smells smoke in the hallway!

I am not vindictive, but I really want some sweet revenge on this cunt. Any suggestions?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

try smoking some of that sweet grass........she may come around to your way of thinking.

1:28 PM  
Blogger nanuk said...

erm, I get a wee tad on the paranoid side if I do. But I can think of other smokables worth trying. Thanks for the tip.

2:03 PM  
Blogger L said...

it may not necessarily be her fault, although she might have been rude about it. I have asthma myself and once had a problem in a "smoke-free" room. It wasn't the smoker's fault, but the fact that the smoke apparently went through the air vents into my room. So I asked to be moved.... that's what she should have done if you were in a designated smoking room

6:03 PM  
Blogger nanuk said...

I - here's an update. I met her in the hallway. I found out she was a doctor, and she said, believe it or not, that I had "pretty blue eyes". Talk about taking the wind out of your sails!

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home