Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Tobacco Brown Shirts

Okay. I admit smoking is bad for me and I really should give it up for real some day soon. And, honestly, I don't mind too much going outside the bar for a smoke - rather than a three-quarter pack on the average drinking night I only smoke three or four.

Okay. But what makes me want to stage a smoke-in, with Gitanes or Gauloises, is the holier-than-thou attitude of some people. I mean, here I am in a hotel, in my own room, in my own designated-smoking room, with my door closed, and the twat in the room next door sticks her head in and says my smoking is bothering her.

Okay. So being conscientious I open my window - it's -24C with a windchill of -39 - put on my parka and continue to hammer away at my keyboard. So I go out for a cup of coffee, meet up with her in the kitchen, and she has the fucking nerve to tell me she still smells smoke in the hallway!

I am not vindictive, but I really want some sweet revenge on this cunt. Any suggestions?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

try smoking some of that sweet grass........she may come around to your way of thinking.

1:28 PM  
Blogger nanuk said...

erm, I get a wee tad on the paranoid side if I do. But I can think of other smokables worth trying. Thanks for the tip.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Belle said...

Oooooooo when some says "cunt", I definitely get involved, lol.

Next time she peeks into your space and says the smoke is bothering her, just tell her if she wasn't bothering to invade your space, it wouldn't bother her as much.

If she continues to tell you throughout the day to let you know that she can still smell smoke, just say things like "that's too bad" or "oh well". If there are no rules against smoking where you are, then she has absolutely no right whatsoever to harrass you. If you want to be nice about it, you can simply tell her that you're permitted to smoke and if she has major issues with it then you should suggest she should move to a different location so it won't bother her so much.

3:51 PM  
Blogger L said...

it may not necessarily be her fault, although she might have been rude about it. I have asthma myself and once had a problem in a "smoke-free" room. It wasn't the smoker's fault, but the fact that the smoke apparently went through the air vents into my room. So I asked to be moved.... that's what she should have done if you were in a designated smoking room

6:03 PM  
Blogger nanuk said...

I - here's an update. I met her in the hallway. I found out she was a doctor, and she said, believe it or not, that I had "pretty blue eyes". Talk about taking the wind out of your sails!

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home