Saturday, March 24, 2007

Killing Time

Last night, and for about the past week, I've been kept up with an insane itch from a third world-type illness. All my family have been treated, but I am told the itch can go on for days and weeks. For the first time I am putting out a public plea for shipment of a bottle of Calomine lotion rather than a bottle of Scotch.

In an effort to take my mind off it so I don't rip myself to shreds, I've been doing a lot of surfing in the wee hours of the morning. There are a lot of Flash-based YouTubey videos out there, and some of them are incredibly interesting as they provide an insight into what makes some minds tick.

I have restrained myself from embedding these in my posts for two reasons. First off, I don't mind writing if I am in the mood, and to provide a digital canvas for self-expression (read "rant") is why I started this in the first place. Secondly, for my readers with limited bandwidth, watching a 3-minute video is at least 10 minutes of herky jerky buffering and play. Sort of akin to watching a stripper with intermittent narcolepsy.

But I cannot resist sharing with you this Rube Goldberg-like creation of epic proportions - over 3 minutes all shot within the confines of one house. Although I haven't counted I estimate their are over 75 different stages to this masterpiece.

So enjoy this while I run off to the store for some 80 grit sandpaper for tonight.


Click Here for more great videos and pictures!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger WrathofDawn said...

Oh, is there anything worse than an interminable itch? Gah! Hope the symptoms subside soon.

I'm still around, BTW, just too busy to post. But there's lots of ideas spinning round the back of my brain and once I get this show and then the concert over, look out! It'll be a posting frenzy!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Fuff said...

Pure aloe vera is magic. If you can't get any there, email me and I'll send you some.
I can't think of much worse than itchyness.
My sympathies.

10:54 PM  
Blogger DutchBitch said...

OMG! that sucks! I hope it will clear away soon...

um... why did you lable the post "scabies"? Do you expect to have more on "scabies" in future so you will have to use the label again? ;-)

5:17 AM  
Blogger nanuk said...

WoD - I suspected your euterpian proclivities were keeping you from blogging. Fill us in on the project, at least.

Fuff - thanks muchly for the offer. I'm asking me Mum for some Gold Bond in the mail.

DutchBitch - stupid me! When I migrated to the new Blogger, I assumed that the tags were "pan-blogger" as in del.icio.us Now it seems that I've jinxed myself. Damn.

8:52 AM  
Blogger marty said...

I'd say go scratch but that is wrong. I think there is a company called Gold's which puts out a lot of anti-itch products. I used the powder during my jock itch battles.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home