Saturday, May 13, 2006

A Baker's Dozen of Idiosyncrasies

Am I the only person in the world who:
  1. Travels with a GPS on board commercial aircraft so I can tell exactly where I am and how long it will take me to get to my destination?
  2. Takes a break every ten minutes or so when working on a project so I can pace back and forth just to consider it?
  3. Leaves the first drink untouched for over half an hour on those rare occasions I go into a bar?
  4. Loves winter and snow?
  5. Feels that conspiracy mongers are just pawns in an even greater conspiracy?
  6. Has never watched a single reality television show (except Junkyard Wars)?
  7. Can still recite the opening dialogue to The Prisoner?
  8. Thinks that Texas Hold'em is wuss game?
  9. Believes that the garbage can is the most important office and household organizing tool?
  10. Gives his dogs nicknames which mutate on a weekly basis?
  11. Eats peanut butter, lettuce and mayonnaise sandwiches?
  12. Has solved the "Which came first: the chicken or the egg" conundrum?
  13. Can spoon feed himself horseradish straight from the jar?

15 Comments:

Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

14. Irrational fear of hybrid carnivores
15. Dons Tutu and dances "Swan Lake"
16. Blows milk out nose to entertain children

Sorry, just don't like lists that end in 13.

12:32 PM  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

In a word, yes. Except for #10. Constantly mutating nicknames for pets are de rigeur in this household.

1:23 PM  
Blogger nanuk said...

TPK: what's with this polargriz fixation you seem to be devloping?

WoD: the strange thing is that our dogs always seem to know when we are talking about them no matter what we call them.

Mr. Fab: those are just 13 character traits I want to make public. There are a whole catalogue of private ones.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Fuff said...

I was going to say that I bet the dogs answer to anything you call them, but you sort of beat me to it!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Michelle Flaherty said...

10. Yes, I can relate to this as I call my cats and my children by nicknames most of the time and on the rare occasion I forget their given names, lol.

11. If you weren't a man, I would ask if you were pregnant.

8:33 AM  
Blogger nanuk said...

Fuff: my lab is at the point that she thinks her name is "bad dog". I've spoiled her so much that she wags her tail vigourously and expects food or a pat everytime I call her that.

Blair Bitch: so I am not the only one who forgets his children's names. Sometimes I get so distracted that I rattle off four wrong names before I hit the right one.

10:19 AM  
Blogger nanuk said...

She-mantis: thanks for the compliment, and welcome aboard!

10:32 AM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

I think the concept of a Polagriz is pretty damn funny. Of course I don't have to worry about coming across one on my way down to the state liquor store.

I promise to lay off the polagriz talk.

12:19 PM  
Blogger WrathofDawn said...

My aunt had 3 daughters, 2 sisters and one niece (guess who?). I once saw her go through all 6 names before she said the right one.

12:42 PM  
Blogger merlinprincesse said...

Lots of things in commom here...But have to tell you that I am completely crazy... But for number 13.. NEVER! *yeech*

1:39 PM  
Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

Only 5, 6, 9, sorry. But then you already knew I'm way freakier than most. :-O

2:50 PM  
Blogger SC said...

Yes, no, no, no, mmm...dunno, yes, no, dunno, no, no, no, yes, yes.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Mummified said...

yes. But you should see what I get up to. And being normal is nothing to aspire to.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

I like seb's style, so I'm stealing it (somewhat):
no
yes
yes
are you freakin' crazy?, shhh...they're listening!!
wots reality?
and you do this...why?
what's Texas holding on to?
without a doubt
yes...and kids and neighbors too!
regularly - without the lettuce!
wot's conundrum got to do with chicken or egg?
nope (honest truth!)

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home