Thursday, May 10, 2012

Last Year's Greenhouse Build

After the children and dog's ravaged the tubs I planted outdoors in 2010, I realized that I had to build a greenhouse with a lock on it.

My design measures 22' x 10', and is made with 2" x 6" pine, 6 mil poly, and 3/8" plywood braces.  The general idea was to do away with conventional walls and make the whole thing out of rafters which are attached to the base plate.

All I had to work with was a skill saw and a small Black and Decker table.  Personally, I think it came out very well all things considering (i.e. so-called "helpers" who magically disappeared at the mere site of me going to the back yard.

The greenhouse is still standing despite a stormy winter (110 kph winds, minus 40 C temperatures), even the poly, which I did not expect.

Here are a couple of pictures from the construction phase last summer:



2 Comments:

Anonymous Zyrel E said...

Webmaster-

We think that backlinks on your website to findyourartschool.com have resulted in Google’s issuance of a Terms of Service violation to our website.
Please eliminate all backlinks to our company and our website as soon as possible so that we may continue to operate our business in accordance with Google Webmaster, Google Penguin and Google Panda guidelines.
It is very important to us and our SEO that this matter be dealt with as soon as possible and we cannot do that without your assistance.
The following backlinks must be removed:

http://whitebearsblog.blogspot.fr/2006/03/celebration-of-seal-recipes.html


Thanks in advance for your understanding.

7:46 AM  
Blogger al3ab banat01 said...

Really impressive post. I read it whole and going to share it with my social circules. I enjoyed your article and planning to rewrite it on my own blog.
signature:
al3ab-banat01
al3ab-cooking

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home