Thursday, October 04, 2007

My Bonny Lives Over the Ocean

Sad news.

I know some of my readership has experienced the heartache and sorrow of learning that their beloved won't be coming home anymore; and for those of you who haven't I ask you simply to imagine the deep emotional toll it takes. I can barely craft this post through my tears.

Yes, I won't be able to behold my love any more, and she is staying an ocean away. And even though she was only ten years old, I miss her terribly. Yes, she wasn't full grown, but she had an impudence and nose that ones twice her age would have envied. And she wasn't too hard on my change purse either, if you know what I mean. For some reason, the older they are, the more expensive they become to possess.

I hadn't seen her for a while, and I guess I should have put two and two together and realized our relationship was over.

Now what am I supposed to do? Night after night she made my head spin. She was simply intoxicating, and I worshiped her every nuance.

I got a "Dear John" email two days ago, confirming the worst of my fears, to wit:
"I thought I should let you know the latest news. Unfortunately due to supply we have had to withdraw [her] from Canada - we simply do not have enough".
I know I am partly to blame, since I've been singing her praises on this site regularly over the past year and a half, and I have probably introduced her to many who have become similarly smitten.

But now, alas, what am I to do?

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger merlinprincesse said...

HUH? What kinda booze are ya talking about, Hon? :)

7:53 AM  
Blogger Mademoiselle Princesse said...

Pooooorrrrr baby.... Mwhahahhaha!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Lapin Poulain said...

I know what ya mean!!!! *hips**hop*

7:55 AM  
Blogger nanuk said...

merlinprincesse/mademoiselle princesse/lapin poulain: if there are any bottles at the SAQ in Quebec, please let me know. And thanks for the sympathy.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Hon... I feel so sorry for you... I'd tell you to drown your sorrow, but in this case that might be too cruel...

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those dram Scotsmen!!!!!Always keeping the best for themselves.Alas what can a thirsty Canadian turn to: perhaps Crown Royal or the likes

4:21 PM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Looks like it is back to the Ancient Age or Old Crow for the Big White Bear!!

1:52 PM  
Blogger nanuk said...

dutchbitch - yep, that'd be pretty cruel. LOL

anonymous - what do you expect from a nation of sheeptuppers. But I'd rather take the pledge and join the Sally Ann before ever drinking rye.

phos - Old Crow is the name of a village in the Mackenzie river valley. Never heard of a distillery there.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Mademoiselle Princesse said...

I could check, but I doubt it.... Will keep you posted... :)

5:35 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

Shit. Sometimes life just sucks!!!!

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home